Investigators are still trying to patch up the pieces of evidence so far received in the shooting of NGO worker Kenneth Watmon Akena on Saturday around Lugogo.

Though circumstances surrounding the tragic incident on Saturday have remained unclear, police have since arrested Quantum Logistics boss Mathew Kanyamunyu and his Burundian girlfriend Cynthia Munangwari to help in investigations.

The High Court has since granted police an order authorizing them to get phone printouts to be used in the investigations.

According to a source this investigative website spoke to but preferred anonymity due to the sensitivity of the matter, the phone printout indicated that Kanyamunyu first called a big shot in the police force.

“It showed that he called someone big in the police force immediately the incident happened on Saturday,” the source privy to the investigations told Journalists, adding that he could not readily reveal the name of the big shot.

He further narrated that investigators have found out that it seems after the incident, the police honcho immediately rushed to the scene of crime on Saturday after receiving the call from the suspect.

“It is believed that it was him who picked the pistol used in the murder. Someone else was tasked to wash away the blood from the scene,” he revealed.

The police spokesperson Andrew Felix Kaweesi early this week revealed that the gun used in the murder is still missing.

Car Moved

According to the source, Akena’s vehicle was also after the incident driven from the scene of the crime to Kyadondo Rugby Grounds in a bid to kill evidence by an unknown person.

“Police went ahead and guarded a wrong vehicle only to be told another vehicle that had to be traced using number plates. This partly explains why its keys were found in Kanyamunyu’s vehicle later.”

It’s undersood that the case has drawn the CIID boss Grace Akullo and other Kampala Metropolitan CIID bosses to record statements from the suspects.

The investigation team is still trying to find out why there was no blood in Kanyamunyu’s vehicle yet it was the one that was used to transport the deceased to hospital.

Put to task to explain how no one at Lugogo heard the bullets, the source told this website that investigators believe that because the bullets were shot from close range, it was difficult for nearby people to hear the sound of the gun shots.

On visiting the scene of crime, our reporter was able to find out that there were over 15 security guards from KK security company all over the parking of Forest Mall, Game Stores and Shoprite at Lugogo.

“It was not here but outside. I don’t know where exactly but not here,” said a female guard near Barclays and DFCU banks at Game.

“Every day I am here .I can’t lie to you that on that day I was off. It didn’t happen here,” said another security guard near the Shoprite parking.

Directly opposite a Stanbic bank ATM at Game stores is a boda boda stage that our reporter tried to find out if he could get any lead to the Saturday incident.

“We can’t comment on that issue for fear of being arrested. No one can dare,” a boda boda rider told this investigative website.

Akena who was reportedly shot for scratching Kanyamunyu’s vehicle was on Wednesday laid to rest at Gandyang Kitgum district.